Saturday, September 7, 2013

Joke on a Box + Date Night

Yesterday I had lunch with one my favoritestest (yes, thats a word) person from GMU, Michelle. But before I get to that, I would like to discuss how aggressive my new dentist is. 

I went to the dentist for a regular clean up and man oh man, was that an experience. Other than finding out I have a new cavity, thats number 4, I learned how strong teeth are. The dentist was using her tools so aggressively I thought she was going to pull my teeth out. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she is a wonderful dentist and knows her stuff but geesh, as Sadiah said it, she must have fought with her husband before my appointment because she was pissed. 


So yesterday I decided to break in my new shoes I bought online (I saw them on some online fashion blog and wouldn't resist). I got the Ecuador Sandal from Nisolo and I love them (don't hate Sadiah). On their website, they recommend you get a size smaller than your actual size because the shoes are made out of stretchable leather--I usually wear a size 7 but I got a 6.5 instead. When I wear the shoes, they feel very snug but the company swears that they will stretch so I am sucking up through the pain (the things you do for fashion), hoping that one day they will be the perfect fit.


How cute? They'll go with everything!
This looks a bit blurry for some reason
In addition to loving the shoes, I also love the company. When I was ordering the shoes online, under the "special instructions" box I told them to send me a joke (I saw someone doing this online and thought it would be fun to see if people actually did this) and guess what--they actually did! I think I'm going to start doing this for everything I order online. 

How clever!
Okay, enough about shoes, now about Michelle. Michelle is one of my closest friends from GMU (undergrad). She was a psych major and I was a psych major so we had some classes together. I will never ever forget this but for one of our exams,we had to memorize the stages of grief and Michelle came up with DABDA: D for denial, A for anger, B for bargaining, D for depression and A for acceptance--best mnemonic ever--to this day, I think about this every time someone talks about the stages of grief. 

We decided to meet at P.F. Chang at Potomac Town Center. I think this may be the fanciest place we have in Woodbridge. I like P.F. but its not my favorite--the food is decent. I got the Coconut Curry Veggies and we both split a Great Wall of China (I miss the small "shot" desserts they had). I think we were at the restaurant for about 3 hours (I may have missed a make-up class) but you never get bored with good company and topics like being adults and getting married (AHEM, MIKE--just kidding (not really)).






No comments:

Post a Comment