Friday, August 16, 2013

Miami Trip (Day #2)

Its finally here: more Florida pictures! 

This should be dated August 11th because that's when we drove to Key West (it should have taken us about 31/2 hours but I think we finally got there 5 hours later--traffic and a Taco Bell pit stop).  Although Key West was as scenic as I expected, the drive down to Key West was gorgeous. We stopped on the way for a little shopping.




I love me some palm trees
Coconut water








Creepy fish in the water


We finally got to Key West and first then went to the Key West lighthouse. There were approximately 80 stairs (actually I stopped counting after 80). The view from the top was beautiful













After this we went to the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory and this probably the best part about the trip (although it was really hot inside). There were butterflies everywhere.
















After this, we went to the most southern point in Florida.
Southernmost point: 90 miles from Cuba
Looks like paradise!
"No standing on the pier without a smile"
We left shortly after taking the picture at the southern most point. I really wanted to stay and watch the sunset but someone, ahem ahem Bushra, did not. But she was kind enough to stop on our drive back. 

sunset action
Looking back at this, we actually managed to do a lot in a short period of time. I'm actually shocked we managed to get out of the hotel as early as we did. Ladies, I'm still shocked at us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment