Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Asu

You know the best part about having 5 sisters? Having 5 sisters. Growing up I didn't need many friends because I had 5 around-the-clock-i-can-never-escape-them friends. Sure we didn't get along all the time (we still don't) but I know they love and care for me unconditionally, no matter what I do. 
“Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink." 
People always ask me who my favorite sister is, but the truth of the matter is they're all my favorite, for one reason of another. 

Even though we are 8 years apart, Asu is my favorite because, in addition to a million other things, she has a really big heart. I mean a really big heart. She always gives, gives and gives, but doesn't ask anything in return. She is loving and caring and funny and humble and smart and gorgeous. She is there for me when I need her and she's there for me when I don't. If you look up "older sister" in the dictionary, you'll see her picture (in addition to my 4 other sisters, of course); she is the ultimate older sister. 

I am so lucky to have you in my life. Happy Birthday Asu. Love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment