Thursday, December 3, 2015

2015 Recap

You guys, it's December. O. M. G. December. Let that sink in. Where did the year go? I don't even remember what I did this year. I don't even remember last week. 

So the last post was in September, lets try to quickly recap what has occurred since then. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking hey it's only been a few months since I blogged but it just hit me, its been more than a year. I passed the Bar a year ago. Woah. Anyhow, September came and went. Then came October. Nothing notable in October except PASSING THE BAR EXAM. That's right. This girl is officially a lawyer. I don't think I'll ever forget looking for my name. Oh yeah, Virginia posts names on a website, a PUBLIC website, for everyone to see. Bushra had agreed to check the site for me so I wouldn't have a panic attack. I just remember being on Facebook and out of nowhere seeing "I passed the Bar" statuses. I texted Bushra immediately and she wouldn't respond. One text. Nothing. Two texts. Nothing. A million texts. Nothing. I kept on thinking she isn't responding because I didn't pass and she didn't want to break my heart. After 30ish minutes, I finally had enough courage to turn on my computer. 15 minutes later, I had enough courage to open Internet Explorer. Another 10 minutes, I had enough courage to type the website url. Around this time, Bushra called me and said she had been in a meeting all day and that I had passed. AHH. PASSED. I finally checked online, scrolled to the Ks and saw the most beautiful thing: Komal Hameed Khan. I'm not afraid to admit it, there were tears. We then packed our bags and drove to New York! New York was, to say the very least, eventful. Some things that shouldn't be said publicly but definitely a trip I will not forget. Finally saw Grand Central. Ate from the Halal Guys. Walked in Central Park. 


November. I have no clue. 


December. I was sworn-in in Richmond and represented my first client with a Reckless a day later: Bushra Khan.


January - June. I was jobless. Reema got married. 

June. Ramadan. Got my first job.


July - August. Worked. Sabah got married. Went to a One Direction Concert. That's right, 1D and enjoyed every second of it. 


September. Laid off my first job.


October. Stayed busy doing nothing.


November. Found my second job. Went to ICELAND. ICE-LAND. 


All that blah blah to get to the main reason for this post: to brag about ICE-land. 

You may be thinking right now, Iceland? This fool went to Iceland and thinks its something to brag about. Oh its worth bragging about because it was beeeeeeautiful. Mountains. Waterfalls. Volcanoes. Craters. Elf houses. Trolls. Abandoned airplanes. Cliffs. Weird rock formations. Black sand beaches. Geysers. Hot springs. I think thats all for tonight. Enough to keep you wanting more. Ttyl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment